Friday, April 13, 2007

Mini Me (or what comes around, goes around)

Evie went back to school this Tuesday after being out of school for 10 days over 2 weekends, Spring break and a teacher work day. Honestly, Kevin and I didn't expect much in the way of behavior from her. Among vacation in Disney, the long time off and the inability to fall asleep she'd faked the night before, our hopes weren't very high. Some of you know how they classify children's behavior in schools these days. Each day, a child starts on green and then moves through the spectrum toward purple as the day goes by if they aren't following the rule. It's sort of like Homeland Security threat level meets Mister Rogers Neighborhood.

Kevin picked her up from school on Tuesday afternoon and asked her how she'd been. Here's her reply:

Well, I started on green. First I moved to yellow. Then I got put on orange.
Then duhn-duhn-DUHN (said like a bad guy entered the room) I got on red. And she shrugged.

How he didn't fall down laughing the world may never know. What I do know is that my daughter apparently doesn't take this whole color palette - Wheel of Behavior - I'd like to buy a vowel thing seriously. (insert big heartfelt sigh here) I can only shrug myself and think that I'd have said something very similar.

No comments: