Sunday, March 25, 2007

Crossing over to the dark side.....

Well, I finally did it. I became that woman. For the first time in my life, I paid another woman to clean my house. The saddest part is that it's really never looked better. She cleaned my kitchen from ceiling to floor. I hear people call that "Spring cleaning". Catchy, huh?

It isn't that my house was horrid or anything. My dishes get washed and my floors are vacuumed or swept. There was just clutter everywhere and I didn't have the time to wrangle it into place. With a 55 hour work week lately, a wicked commute, Evie's 2 dance classes, my two dance classes, 2 dogs, a cat and two children.... my house was looking pretty neglected. It was all I could do to straighten up each night. Okay, I have only one child and one husband but he makes a mess like a 5 year old only with bigger clothing on the floor. They mess up faster than I can pick up!

So, she cleaned my kitchen completely: walls, floors, scrubbed the chair rail, the microwave, counters, etc. Kevin asked if we were putting the house up for sale and I forgot to tell him. The living room was vacuumed, dusted, pictures cleaned, glass windexed, generally de-cluttered and just wonderful; the bathroom just as nice. It freed me up this weekend to do 6+ loads of laundry, cook a real dinner and pack for next week's vacation. All I had to do was "maintain" the new status quo.

I felt really guilty for a couple of days. How horrible that I need help to take care of my small house. Of course, I got over it and decided to just enjoy the experience. Now, I'm lovin' this! All I need now is time to lay on the couch. Where are my bon-bons? I was promised bon-bons!!!

2 comments:

Mark E Tisdale said...

Send in the bon bons isn't as catchy as send in the clowns.

Anonymous said...

If hiring a cleaning lady is Dark, I want to be bad. VERY bad!