Tuesday, March 13, 2007

It's March Madness, Baby!!

I've spent some time over the last two days working on my bracket. Okay, I've spent more time than I have to spare. I've almost collected too much information though. Not just about the teams but about historical performances by a 12 seed or the 4th seed, etc. Granted, when it comes down to an even match, I just have to go with the colors or mascot I like the best.

Of course there are the token selections like making sure you have Kentucky or Duke going past the first round... although some people think VCU can take Duke and Davidson might beat Maryland.... 16 seeds are 0 for 88 in the first round, 15 seeds are 4 for 88. Then you have to decide between an 8 & 9 seed. Really, who can do that without switching choices at least three times. Then, you have to predict the #12 seed upset. You know, that team that makes you say, "Who the hell is Long Beach State?" Luckily, those guys almost always fall out in round 2.
Too many variables! I need Charlie Epps from Numbers.

1 comment:

Son of LOL said...

Screw that. I'm starting a betting pool on the "Alberto Gonzales Career Suicide Watch." Wanna pick a day? You could be revered forever as a prognosticator extraordinaire!